Monday, November 03, 2008

Abraham Hicks

I am attending a class at church this month of the teachings of Abraham. Abraham is a channeled teaching through the medium of Ester Hicks. I am still a bit hesitant about he channeled spirit part, but I really like the message so far.

Abraham points out that our thoughts and feeling control the reality that we see. They say that the most important asp[ct of creating what we desire in life is our vibrational alignment.

Finding what we want int life is a s simple as focusing our attending on our feelings. If we feel good, we are on the right path. If we feel bad, then we are going in the wrong direction.

having grown up in the Baptist church, this if it feels good do it philosophy seems wrong on the surface. However the more I engage the principles in my life the better the results seem to be.

I have read many of the Abraham books before but I have never really tried to implement their teaching in an effective way. So for this month, I am going to retell my story and focus my thoughts on what feels good to me. I am not going to be concerned with how others feel, I am only going to focus on my own feelings.

At the end of the month, I will access how my life has been effected by the philosophy. I am now focusing on telling a different story.

Each morning I take time to write out several things that I enjoy about my life as it is right now. I look for positive qualities in my wife, my friends and my work. I am looking for th good in all situations.