Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Jeeps and off road performance

I love driving my various Jeep Cherokees on and off road.

I try to have one for every occasion. My daily driver is set up with a NP 242 Transfer case so I can have four wheel drive any time I need it. It is ready to go off road at a moments notice.

For on pavement adventures, we usually take Jeep Girl's XJ. Hers also has the 242 but is fitted with low rolling resistance street tires and still has all the nice stuff to make a road trip more pleasant. But we have no trouble engaging four wheel drive on the NP 242 and getting it muddy.

For more serious off road use I have built Scuffy - my lifted Jeep Cherokee with big off road tires.

For high speed off road rally racing I have the RallyJeep.

To learn more about my Jeeps or for tips on how to build your own Jeep or just advice on what truck accessories you might want see http://www.mikestrawbridge.com/jeep-cherokee-off-road.shtml

There are also some reports on where to drive your Jeep in some of the Jeep trail reports.